Who We Are
Prairie Music & Arts is a 501(c)3 nonprofit community school of the arts offering quality education and opportunities to people of all ages. It is our goal to foster artistic exploration that leads to self-confidence and creativity, as well as to offer a community that both inspires and enriches.
Our school is comprised of students and faculty that participate in all aspects of the fine arts – music, drama, and visual art. We are eastern Dane County’s hub for these activities for all ages, backgrounds, and levels of expertise!
We believe that the arts should be readily available and accessible to all regardless of income or background. In addition to offering annual financial assistance to students who would otherwise not have opportunities in the arts, PMA has led outreach grant projects that were generously funded through organizations such as the Sun Prairie Education Foundation, Dane Arts, the Madison Jazz Society, and the Foundation for Music Based Learning.
- Founded in 1999, Prairie Music & Arts serves Sun Prairie, Madison, and Eastern Dane County.
- Students represent the rich diversity of our urban and rural communities and our faculty includes university-trained and award-winning professional artists.
- Music, Art and Drama Programs are designed to foster a holistic learning environment.
- Community involvement is a core mission and our school regularly participates in outreach projects throughout the area.
- Our facility includes private studios, group class and large performance spaces, and is wheelchair accessible.
“I took my first Prairie Music & Arts lesson when I was 8 years old. For me, playing piano was an outlet. An instrument where I could sit down, relax, and enjoy the music I was making. Today, I’m 26 years old, and I have been asked by several friends and relatives to play the piano at their weddings. The excellent instruction that I received from PMA as a youth has allowed me to return to this life-long hobby with relative ease. Despite going years without seriously practicing and after taking up lessons again at PMA for the past several months, I find that I can perform with confidence and most of all, have fun doing it!” – Jennifer, mechanical engineer & current PMA adult student
Prairie Music & Arts admits students of any age, race, color gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, and economic status to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of any of the above categories in administration of our educational policies, scholarship programs and other school-administered programs.